lotsop understands and respects the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information and data of its users.
This Privacy Statement explains the rules and policies that lotsop, our agents and subcontractors (“we”, “us” & “lotsop”) abide by to protect the privacy of personal information, which is provided to us by you or your associated persons. It states the ways in which we might collect, store, use and share information about you in the course of conducting the business of lotsop, which includes matching you with various opportunities, providing products and services (extras) online, via electronic communication such as via email, chat or by telephone.
The terms of this Privacy Statementmay be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time.
Application of Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA") and all the associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission ("PDPC") of Singapore.
By visiting or using lotsop’s Website, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Please review this Privacy Statement carefully before visiting or using our website, or otherwise providing us with any of your personal data.
What information do we collect?
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
The types of Personal Data which we may collect from you include (depending on the circumstances of your dealings with us) the following:
1. Data that can identify you in some way is collected during interactions with the websites or portals operated by lotsop. It is a necessary part of visiting any website, including ours, that your web browser provides identifying data to enable proper communications with our servers. Such data may include:
- Advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers as permitted by mobile platforms both on and off lotsop;
- Your use of lotsop (for example, your lotsop search history, the content you read, etc.) or clicking on a lotsop ad;
4. When you visit or leave lotsop sites by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a plugin on a third-party site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. Also, advertisers receive the URL of the page that you are on when you click an ad on lotsop. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, and the name of your ISP.
Information about you, provided by you
5. In certain circumstances we may ask you to provide personal information for specific purposes. For example, if you are completing a personal Profile, we require information that may identify you in order to provide the best opportunity recommendations to you, and in order that we may provide those services in a manner that complies with various laws and standards. This also includes information inferred from a Member’s profile (for example, using job titles to infer age, industry, seniority, and compensation bracket; or names to infer gender).
6. You are required to provide us with at least your user name, email address, and a password to create an account on lotsop. You may also choose to provide further information about yourself during or after the registration process. Such information may include your employment data, objectives etc.
7. If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
Information about you provided to us by others
8. In certain circumstances, others may provide us with personal information about you. For example, if you make a purchase via lotsop, the partner provides us with information relevant to this purchase so that we can help you manage this purchase.
9. We also retain electronic copies of all email, chat and voice communication between you, us and our Partners for the purpose of providing a product or service. We do this to ensure we have a complete and accurate record of our relationship before, during and after the provision of any product or service.
How do we use your personal information?
lotsop uses your Personal Data for purposes not prohibited by existing applicable law for the following purposes:
1. To provide suitable opportunity recommendations on our Website. We need to know certain information to ascertain your preferred opportunity matches. The more we know, the better the recommendations.We use this information to provide you with more customized services like language-specific profile pages, updates, and content, more relevant ads, and more valuable career opportunities.
2. To meet any obligation we have in diligently fulfilling our obligations in providing a product or service. In some cases we need to use your personal information to answer questions from approved Partners in relation to the products and services you purchase.
3. To manage the database of users and Members. We need to know who you are and information about you to provide products and services. We also keep information about you so that we can provide updates and information relevant to your circumstances as a service.
4. To ensure your privacy and security. If you call us, our client services team will ask you for information to identify yourself and ensure we are speaking with the correct person.
5. To analyse and report (without identifiers) on the geographic and demographic profile of the people who are using lotsop products and services including websites.
6. To detect and prevent fraudulent and unlawful access to your information, our systems and networks.
7. To engage with contractors, suppliers and partners for the delivery of products and services and to make and receive payments for the delivery of these products and services.
8. To investigate and properly respond to product and service complaints and concerns from users and members.
As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
We do not, and will not sell your information to any third party organizations, for the purpose of marketing, except for information provided to our Partners to facilitate your search for Opportunities. However, we may contact you in relation to products and services provided by lotsop and our Partners where we have your permission to do so. You can change your permission at any time.
We use your personal information collected for these purposes and in a manner appropriate for the purpose for which it was collected.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We respect the confidentiality of the Personal Data you have provided to us.
In that regard, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties, including parties outside the borders of Singapore, without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
1. To our Partners to give effect to the purpose for which the information was collected. For example, in order to answer questions from one of our international Partners.
2. To fulfil our obligations in fulfilling a product or service via a person nominated by you as a personal representative, legal guardian or under a power of attorney.
3. To relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any orders, laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority or court.
4. To enable effective market analysis and research, including but not limited to providing user data to our member communication teams.
5. Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties.
6. Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to obtain access to the personal information about yourself, which is held by us, unless there is a reason under this Agreement for not granting access.
Should you wish to obtain access to your personal information, please contact us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
We make every reasonable effort to ensure your personal information is accurate and complete when we collect it or use it. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please let us know by email to email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to update and correct your information.
Storage and Security
We will hold personal information about you for as long as is required to continue to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or as dictated by law.
For example, information collected in relation to an opportunity which includes an application for a visa and or migration related service will be stored so long as our Partners product or service delivery continues to operate, and for such period thereafter as is appropriate for the maintenance of historical records. Because some member’s journey can span many years, we will maintain records for years, not months.
Personal information about you is held in secure storage systems, with access limited only to those reasonably required to access your information to give effect to the purpose for which the information was collected. We also keep backups of our data and in some cases split this data to provide added security. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our Partners. Please note that lotsop does not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our Website. Once you have left our website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
Should you wish to withdraw consent to use of your Personal Data or obtain access to or make corrections to your Personal Data records, please log in to the relevant account through which the Personal Data was provided, if any, failing which please contact the Personal Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to lotsop on your behalf.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, lotsop may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with lotsop and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and lotsop’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.